Thursday, October 11, 2012

Kid Crafting: Handmade Wrapping Paper

The subtitle of this post should be: Entertaining Your Children On the Cheap (or something like that).
Clara, Paul, and I went to our first non-family birthday party a week ago.  Clara helped me not only wrap the gift, but make the wrapping paper. 






































I thought it turned out pretty cute!  Now this is not any kind of original idea, nor is it rocket science how I did it, but I'm going to tell you anyway.

I grabbed a sheet of newsprint and asked her if she wanted to decorate it.  She was all for it.


She drew a butterfly and a rainbow.  We were going to a "Very Hungry Caterpillar" birthday, so her drawing was very appropriate (weird coincidence!).  Can't see them?  Let me help you.







































After she finished, I busted out my new mini stamp set and using her markers, stamped on the "Happy Birthday" part.



We wrapped Pat's gift today using the same method.  Cheap + Amused Child = Happy Erin


Put it in your arsenal, Moms, if you haven't already... Christmas will be here before you know it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment