Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Partying: My Little Pony is Four

Clara turned four just five days after Hays was born.  We've been planning her party for awhile, so we were prepared.  She has been so excited for this party since... well, probably since her third birthday party.


I wasn't going to go all crazy with this one.  Her snowflake party gave me party planning burn out.  But I still wanted it to be special and fun.  She requested a My Little Pony themed party with lots of purple.  She also wanted it to be a sleepover.


We made the cake well in advance and froze it.  We also made cupcakes and cookies ahead of time.  While I was at the hospital, Clara decorated the cupcakes with my parents.  Clara helped me decorate the food table a few days before Hays was born.

 

Her favorite pony is Twilight Sparkle.  She dressed up as Twilight last Halloween.  Who'd a thought we'd get some more mileage out of that costume?



The idea with the party was that each pony wrote Clara a letter.  Each letter had a special birthday message with an activity for her.





Fluttershy wanted her to go meet an animal friend of hers outside (A horse that our neighbor (and family member, Gail) let us borrow for a few hours). 


Pinkie Pie wanted her to eat cake and open presents.  (This was the majority of the party.)

Applejack wanted Clara to pick up apples like a real pony (AKA bobbing for apples).




 


Rarity had nail polish and a candy necklace for her at the "Carousel Boutique."


Clara had to pin the tail on Rainbow Dash.


And Twilight Sparkle had a new book about sleepovers (not pictured... instead, I show you a picture of popcorn, which is essential to any sleepover).


Let me just say that the coordination of the letters with the activities was not as smooth as planned, in fact, I might describe the event as a chaotic mix of present opening and eating.  But Clara had a ball, and that's the important thing.

As far as the sleepover goes, Clara and Paul slept in their teepee-tent and sleeping bags.  My mom even joined them in there for awhile before moving to one of the twin beds in their bedroom. A big cheer goes out to her for being such a sport!





















No comments:

Post a Comment