Sunday, November 10, 2013

Halloween 2013

At almost four years old, Clara is old enough to enjoy Halloween.  She really wanted to dress up as a "My Little Pony," so here is my best attempt.  There is a really good step by step tutorial at this website.  I didn't make my own sweat suit -- that came from Wal-Mart, but I did the embellishments.  It all came together very quickly, with very little head ache (unusual for one of my projects).


 This is our version of the "Twilight Sparkle" pony. 

It was almost too hot to wear this sweatsuit -- you can never predict Halloweentime weather!  Clara got to wear her costume to a little "harvest fest" they had in town.  They had all kinds of candy (including cotton candy), inflatables to jump on, and face painting.  She was so sweet and excited the whole time, which just made the evening special for both of us.




 The next night she went trick or treating with her older siblings Patrick and Leah.  She had a wonderful time and came home with GREAT candy (lots of chocolate).  Sadly, Paul was not in the mood to wear a costume at all, not even long enough for a photo op.  Oh well... next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment