Friday, November 22, 2013

Family Photos at the Wedding

The big day has come and gone, and Brooks is now a married man!  

The wedding was at our church in Faunsdale, with the pictures taken on the grounds of the church.

I tried to take a few photos of the kids and get a nice family shot while we were there, but children are not always cooperative, and seven-month-pregnant-moms-in-heels can only do so much.  So while I am anticipating some much nicer shots from the professional photographer (especially because Clara was really hamming it up for him the whole time), here are a few shots of my kiddos in their wedding attire.


With Clara and Paul as the flower girl and ring bearer, I really wanted to make Clara a special dress.  This was by far my most advanced sewing project I've tackled so far, but I had a wonderful time making it!  I actually took a beginner's heirloom sewing course to show me how to do the lace work (which I had never tried before).  I'm happy to report that working with lace is not very challenging!


Paul's suit was purchased.  I wasn't feeling ambitious enough to sew a little man's suit.  All I did was hem the pants.

 

The weather was absolutely perfect despite being early November.  We had planned for Clara to be barefoot walking down the aisle, and she was.  She did such a wonderful job throwing the petals.  Paul decided to pass on being ring bearer that day, but Clara performed like a pro.  Thank goodness!

  

As you can see from Paul's expression, he wasn't so sure about this whole wedding thing, and he wasn't so sure about smiling either.  This is the best shot we got as a family.


We came back to the church a few days later, dressed in our wedding attire, and we tried some photos again.  I didn't get any shots of the kids together (that would be asking too much).  But I did get a few good ones.


 Of course by that time we were all trying to get over stuffy noses, so our coloring and our attitude was still questionable.  But picking berries off the bushes seemed to be perk the kids up.


I love this shot.  It's not actually a great picture of Paul, but it looks like he's modeling menswear for a catalog.  If I hadn't cropped the photo some, you'd see he has one hand in his pocket.  (I did not pose him that way... like I could if I wanted to!)


And let's be honest... a little bribery helps every photo shoot!



No comments:

Post a Comment