Thursday, January 5, 2012

Reflection at 7 weeks

Paul is over seven weeks old now.  He was ten pounds at his last check up (at one month); he had grown an inch and a half since he was born.

It has been such an adjustment now that there are two little ones in the house!  In retrospect, one child is so simple; two children are exponentially harder. 

My husband and I knew that we were spoiled with Clara - from the start she was a good nighttime sleeper, and really just an all-around healthy child with a relatively peaceful demeanor.

Paul is a different child.  Healthy? Yes, but quite demanding of my attention.   The swing that was the life-saver for me with Clara doesn't seem to lull Paul to sleep at all.  In fact, he's spends a maximum of about 10 minutes in it at a time before he tells me it's time to get out.  Paul wants to be heldAll. The. Time.  Thank goodness for the Baby Bjorn - otherwise I wouldn't get anything done!

Clara definitely loves Paul.  She wants to take care of him at the slightest whimper.  Oh, if only she was gentle!  A typical Clara-Paul interaction involves Clara nose-to-nose with Paul saying "Hey Paul, Hey Paul, Hey Paul..." over and over and over again until something happens to stop it (Paul cries, Clara tries to pick him up, etc.).  Pat says that Paul is getting "lots of stimulation, as long as he lives through it." 




Clara's made the transition to the "Big Sister Room."  She's been sleeping in her bed for almost two weeks now.  I can't say that she really likes her twin-sized bed, but she doesn't protest sleeping in it either.  I'm still working on finishing the details before I post photos of it, but I hope to have it mostly done in time for her second birthday (which is 26 21 (aah!) days away and counting!).

No comments:

Post a Comment