Thursday, January 5, 2012

2012 To-Do List

I'm a list-maker.  It makes me feel good.  I've been known to add things to my list that I've just finished in order to have something to cross off my list.  So naturally, at the start of a new year, I have many things on my list to accomplish.   Really, these are goals.  I'm not going to call them resolutions so that I can't break them. Here are a few:

  • Plan Clara's 2nd Birthday party - I think the hard part will be selecting the theme.  The theme will be "An indoor picnic in the Hundred Acre Wood."  Clara's totally into Winnie the Pooh (actually she asks about "Christopher Robin").  The execution will be fun but time-consuming.  Here are some inspiration pictures below.  I've already started a party planning board on Pinterest if you want to see some more of my inspiration.

  • Finish Clara's "Big Sister" room - I have curtains and pillows to sew, art work to select and frame, and ceiling fans to spray paint (to name a few things). 
  • Complete a kitchen remodel - we have a goal of April, although I have a feeling this is unrealistic.  This will be a big, disruptive job, but hopefully well worth it.  Work has yet to begin.
  • Exercise - somehow this non-existent activity of 2011 will return in 2012.  It has to.  This baby weight doesn't seem to be coming off as easily this time around.
  • Maintain a garden - another activity that didn't happen in 2011.  I got a whole bunch of garden seed for Christmas; maybe that will be a good motivator?  I hope to plant onions this month and greens in February.
As I accomplish these things, I hope to post about them, so bug me about them and help me get them done!

I do have some actual resolutions, like flossing my teeth everyday and drinking a cup of unsweetened hot tea daily.  I heard that the average resolution lasts for a week.  Maybe I can make it for two?  :-)

What are some of your goals or resolutions for this new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment